Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Paying My Respect

So, I went to the graveyard right across from the stadium not knowing what to expect. I had no idea that the graves were that old. Anyway, I didn't have anything particular I was looking for when I went, I just kind of just went with my gut feeling. I was walking around and I had made a couple laps, and I just couldn't find a certain one I wanted to set my flowers on. Then I see these 5 bright clean white marble stones and I was just drawn to them. It ended up being a family a Father, Mother, and Three Daughters. Ironic because I am the middle child of 2 sisters, so I also come from a family of 5. That then made me start to think, do I want to have my tombestone by my family or did something happen where there wasn't a choice, but someone made that for them? It was something I had never really thought about, but I couldn't get off my mind. I am extremely family oriented, so I know that I want to be with my family forever, but what if I have a family of my own by that time, it has to be so hard to choose. That is why I would want to be remembered for the love I had for my family. No matter if it was my sisters, mom and dad, or my own family, I think family is so important. My sisters and I always say "Ohana" which means family, which no one gets left behind (yes we got that from lilo and stitch), but it is so meaningful, and that is how I felt at that particular moment. They were family and always would be a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment